Benefits of Calendula Salve
Calendula oil is traditionally used for abdominal cramps and constipation. It's your skin that will receive a good bulk of the benefits, though, thanks to the oil's anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and related properties. Here are some of the promoted benefits of this oil:
- Skin dryness or chapping — Calendula oil is a great moisturizer for dry skin and for severely chapped or split skin. It helps soothe the area and reduce the pain.
- Inflammation — It works well on sprained muscles or bruises; its anti-inflammatory action helps lessen swelling from injury. Calendula oil also helps treat spider veins, varicose veins, leg ulcers and chilblains.
- Baby care — The oil helps relieve diaper rashes, which can extremely irritate an infant.
- Minor cuts and wounds — The antiseptic and antimicrobial action of the oil help speed up healing of wounds and minor cuts, and also help relieve insect bites, acne and bed sores.
- Skin issues — Eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and other skin problems can be soothed using calendula oil, applied topically. Calendula oil's antifungal action is also great for helping treat athlete's foot, ringworm and jock itch.